Time and Tide Museum

This weekend I travelled to Great Yarmouth to visit the Time and Tide museum. I found this very useful to both my practical and contextual studies. I spent time in the museum drawing and found the history of marinetime fishing and my local heritage very interesting. I firstly went Saturday and was half way around the museum and found that I had been in their for over  3 hours,  I was very disappointed. Therefore I went back to the museum on Sunday also :)

http://www.culture24.org.uk/am19771

I also found the current exhibition Two Shores very useful to my studies. This exhibition explores the relationship between man and the ocean. A number of the artists exhibiting look at the working coastal life of the local region and connections with the north sea. Maggi Hambling whose work is exhibiting in the Two Shores and whose work I have related to my work (see previous posts).

http://www.culture24.org.uk/history+%26+heritage/transport/maritime+history/art313732

I especially enjoyed this weekend, I enjoyed looking at the individual identification Fishermans Gannsey. I really felt that this subject is my personal interest and I am very excited to reflect this in my work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment