Fishing netting

Today I had a very interesting and informative lesson with artist Zoe Miller. The session was focused on looking at different materials and considering their properties. The lesson also focused on manipulation of these materials and how the materials could be changed. Prior to this I purchased some recycled yarn and in lesson I stitched onto both recycled paper and materials. This created something interesting as I found that these pieces often looked as if they were fishing nets.
This then considered me to think about the fishing netting that I found on the beach and how I could reinvent this. I think that this also relates to the recycling of this netting and how me collecting this will prevent the marine life from getting caught up in this :)
Good deed of the day or what...!

No comments:

Post a Comment