Beach rubbish

Whilst I was sketching on the beach I was both astonished and saddened to see how much rubbish had been washed up upon the waters edge. From the raising issue of rubbish on the beach, I found a number of artists which address this issue. This gave me various thought provoking issues such as sewerage and how this could damaging to the sealife. An example of this is of the recent news headlines involving a sperm whale being washed up on a beach in Kent. Below is a picture of this whale which I found very sad.

 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1362516/Sperm-whale-washes-Kent-45ft-sea-titan-dies-washed-beach.html

One of the most relevant and interesting artists that I found relating to rubbish on the beach is of the work of creative visual artist Fran Crowe. I found that she likes to work on the beach and finds creative ways in which to explore and reinvent rubbish that she finds.

Below are some images of the artists works.
 http://www.flyintheface.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment