Landingstage and exciting opportunities!

 I have recently found a very interesting website called Landingstage.

 The Landingstage is described as a artist community, were local artists have the chance to post recent works and promote up and coming events. I find this website very useful as it enabled me link my project to artistic cultural influences. I also found that like me the artists on this site are interested in viewpoints concerning land in the Suffolk coastal area: the defence of it, its communities, its relationship to the sea and the impact of climate change.

As previously mentioned I found the work of Fran Crowe very inspiring. I found that Fran Crowe is one of the artists who posts her work onto this site. Further research into this artist and her work allowed me to see that she  is running a workshop called Tidelines, which is described as a creative walk and workshop day. I found this a excellent opportunity and have therefore assigned to go on this course on the 3rd March.
I feel very fortunate to embark on this journey which will include a boat ride over to Orford Ness, on the walk along this beach I will be collecting various pieces of plastic and debris found on the beach, in which I am inspired by. In the afternoon the day will be followed by creating a piece of artwork in Fran Crowe's Studio.
Whilst reflecting on my research so far I think that it relevant to research this artist as, like the Fisherman,  it can be assumed that Crowe is passionate and influenced by her surroundings.

Very excited, cannot wait!

http://www.landingstage.net/about





No comments:

Post a Comment