Marine litter - Marine Conservation Society


As previously mentioned I have been spending a lot of time drawing on the beach. This lead me to think about the rubbish on the beach and how this could effect the environment, in a negative way.
I found that the Marine Conservation Society (MCS) is a UK charity, which works to protect Marine wildlife, sustainable fisheries and clean seas/beaches. In order to tackle pollution on beaches the MCS produces a programme called Beachwatch, which surveys the litter found on beaches. I found that this organisation has especially been useful for me to relate to my contextual studies on my industrial awareness report.
From this Beachwatch programme a survey was draw upon which  suggests that beach litter has risen enormously and consecutively since 1994. 

 Watch this space for more information and facts on the Marine Conservation Society and beach litter.

http://www.mcsuk.org/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment